Maines are undoubtedly one of North Wales’ finest exports. There should be a blue plaque outside their rehearsal rooms and guided tours of Conwy in honour of them. Their two EPs are nothing short of masterpieces, and there are plans afoot to release them as an album on vinyl.
Best known for: Being late
Current location: Bracknell
Where I’d like to be right now: Wales
My music collection has a lot of… Guitars, bass, drums and screaming or crooning.
Don’t judge me for… changing taste and mood often.
The 5 albums below are just a current top few from preferred genres.
Five albums that keep me alive and why:
1. If These Trees Could Talk – Bones Of A Dying World. *Reason: quite a suitable soundtrack to a pandemic.
2. Refused – Shape Of Punk To Come. *Reason: music as a means of resistance & restructure.
3. Thee oh Sees – A Weird Exits. *Reason: brilliant psyche punk, sounded as heavy as sabbath live in Manchester, with x3 drummers. Best album, for me.
4. Emma Ruth Rundle – On Horses. *Reason: eerie and vast, haunting folk songwriter. Very close to the Roadburn/post rock/ sludge scene.
5. Childish Gambino – Awaken, My Love. *Reason: Uplifting, soulful, psyche hip hop.